That God of War Franchise has been around since the second iteration of PlayStation consoles. Internet was slow, memory slots were the only way to save your games, and wired controllers stumbled left, right, and center.
God of War: Ragnarok have recently blessed our snazzy new PlayStation 5s and 4s, and for those new to the franchise, there’s so much you’ve been missing out on. While this game is the pinnacle of what a story/fighting game should be, the older games have definitely made their mark on the industry.
The first three AAA God of War Releases saw players take on gods and monsters the size of giants, while the newer iterations have a more grounded approach. Huge monsters still exist, but the newer titles focus more on Kratos’ relationship with Atreus.
how do i play all God of War title ok?
It’s easy to play the games in order. They are all in chronological order since their release. This is not silent Hillwhere there are prequels throughout the shop.
- God of War (2005) – PlayStation 2
- God of War II (2007) – PlayStation 2
- God of War: Betrayal (2007) – Mobile
- God of War: Chains of Olympus (2008) – PSP
- God of War III (2010) – PlayStation 3
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (2010) – PSP
- God of War Ascension (2013) – PlayStation 3
- God of War: A Call from the Wild (2018) Facebook, Text-Based Game
- God of War: Mimir’s Vision (2018) – Android, iOS
- God of War (2018) – PlayStation 4
- God of War Ragnarok (2022) – PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
The older games are incredibly underrated and forgotten. Fighting Zeus and all the other gods pumped every player up and was a technological marvel for the time.
While there are some games that you are likely to miss, such as God of War: A Call from the Wildif you want to get the full range of God of Warthe list above shows all the games you can play in Kratos story from start to finish.