The college football bowl season is progressing, the schedule switches to Thursday, and we are approaching Christmas and from there the college football playoff semifinals and national championship game.
How it’s going so far: College Football Bowl Game Tracker: Conference Win/Loss Records
As the postseason started, Sun Belt and Mountain West performed best overall, while AAC and Conference USA fell short.
But as the calendar nears Christmas, we see the more prestigious teams in action in the more well-known bowl games culminating in the college football playoffs and national championship.
go bowling: College football bowl schedule for the 2022 games
Here’s what you need to know about the bowl schedule today.
Armed Forces Bowl
Baylor vs Luftwaffe
Thu, Dec 22 | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN
Stream live on fuboTV (try for free)
Point distribution: According to lines at SI Sportsbook, Baylor comes into play as a narrow 3.5-point favorite against the Air Force.
In total: The book set the over/under mark at 43 points for the game.
money line: Baylor-188 | Air Force +138
FPI Prediction: Baylor has a 69.0 percent chance of winning the game and Air Force has a 31.0 percent chance of winning, according to the Football Power Index computer prediction model, which selects winners by counting teams’ seasons 20,000 times simulated.
Spread Consensus Pick: Baylor -3.5
Outcome Prediction: Team Rankings projects Baylor will defeat the Air Force with an estimated score of 23.9 to 18.5 and win the Armed Forces Bowl.
Baylor (6-6). The former Big 12 champions from a year ago failed to defend that title, losing their last three games, including a one-point loss to TCU. The Bears are averaging 33.6 points per game and are rushing for nearly 430 yards on offense and averaging nearly 195 yards each time.
Air Force (9-3). The Falcons are the top rushing team in college football this season, averaging nearly 331 yards per game averaging nearly four touchdowns on offense while conceding just over 13 points to opponents. The academy is also elite at stopping the run and giving up 99.8 yards per game.
fuboTV provides full, complete, and live coverage of the NCAA programming’s top college football games each season from major television networks, as well as the SEC Network, Big Ten Network, ACC Network, Pac-12 Network, and more – all wireless, in addition to 100+ live TV channels and thousands of hours of on-demand titles.
You can stream college football, the NFL, and other programming from any device, including your phone. There is no contract, no hidden fees and DVR is included.
>> Click here to watch college football for free on fuboTV
- State of Ohio
- State of Kansas
- State of Florida
- Oregon State
- South Carolina
- State of Mississippi
- NC state
More College Football from SI: Top 25 Rankings | Schedule | All teams
Follow College Football HQ: Bookmarks | Ranking | Facebook