Week 11 of the college football season is upon us, and with the conference and CFP races coming up, it’s getting clearer with each passing weekend.
Georgia pleaded for a playoff spot after a comfortable home win over Tennessee, while Clemson and Alabama likely bounced off the last four after away losses to Notre Dame and LSU, respectively.
Meanwhile, Ohio State and Michigan are both still undefeated and appear to be headed for a duel in The Game that could also serve as the Big Ten’s play-in game for the right to win the college football playoffs as conference champions .
What can we expect from the week 11 playlist? This week we turn to FPI to help us make our own predictions for the biggest matchups.
The Football Power Index (FPI) college football ranking and computer prediction model is a measure of team strength that predicts a team’s future performance.
Compiled by ESPN analysts, the rankings and result predictions are based on 20,000 simulations of a team’s season using a combination of analysis including a team’s past results, opponent quality and schedule.
Forecast for Missouri in Tennessee: FPI projects Tennessee has a comfortable 92.8 percent chance of winning the game compared to Missouri’s 7.2 percent chance. College Football HQ pick: Tennessee wins, 40-17
Indiana at Ohio State Prediction: The computers favor the Buckeyes by a 98.5 percent margin compared to Indiana’s 1.5 percent chance of winning. College Football HQ pick: Ohio State wins, 48-9
LSU Prediction in Arkansas: SEC West favorite LSU comes with a 72.4 percent chance of defeating the Razorbacks, who have a 27.6 percent chance of upsetting the Tigers. College Football HQ pick: LSU wins, 33-28
Prediction from Purdue in Illinois: Big Ten West favorites, the Illini, come in with a 65.5 percent chance of winning, while Purdue has a 34.5 percent chance of getting upset. College Football HQ pick: Illinois wins, 26-17
Forecast of Vanderbilt in Kentucky: Kentucky, losers in three of the last five, has an 88.6 percent chance of winning this week, while Vanderbilt has an 11.4 percent chance of winning. College Football HQ pick: Kentucky wins, 33-14
Forecast for Oklahoma in West Virginia: The 5-4 Sooners have a tight 58.0 percent shot to defeat the Mountaineers, who have a respectable 42.0 percent chance of defending home field. College Football HQ pick: Oklahoma wins, 34-27
Notre Dame at Navy Prediction: After defeating Clemson, the Irish have a 91.1 percent chance of defeating the 3-6 Midshipmen. College Football HQ Pick: Notre Dame wins, 30-13
Liberty at UConn Prediction: The 8-1 Flames come into play with a favorable 84.0 percent chance of winning, but the Huskies can still become bowlable if they beat Army next weekend. College Football HQ pick: Liberty wins, 31-16
Louisville at Clemson Prediction: After the loss at Notre Dame, Clemson should defend his home winning streak with a 76.2 percent chance of winning, while Louisville has a 23.8 percent chance to fret. College Football HQ Pick: Clemson wins, 30-22
Prediction of Nebraska in Michigan: On its way to going undefeated this week, Michigan has a 97.1 percent chance of beating the Cornhuskers. College Football HQ Pick: Michigan wins, 40-10
Alabama at Ole Miss Prediction: Now, after two losses, the Crimson Tide are on course to avoid a third with the 75.3 percent shot to beat the Rebels, who in turn have a 24.7 percent chance of upsetting. College Football HQ pick: Alabama wins, 36-26
Maryland at Penn State Forecast: The road to 10 wins is still open for Penn State, who have a 77.9 percent chance of winning this week. College Football HQ pick: Penn State wins 36-23
UCF at Tulane Prediction: The fight for first place in the AAC goes to UCF angrily, according to the computers, which give the Knights a close 51.9 percent chance of winning compared to Tulane’s 48.1 percent. College Football HQ pick: Tulane wins, 27-23
Wisconsin to Iowa Forecast: The Badgers are on track to move above .500 in Big Ten play with a 51.4 percent chance of defeating Iowa. College Football HQ pick: Wisconsin wins, 23-13
Boston College at NC State Prediction: Another safe bet at home for the Wolfpack as FPI forecast a 90.8 percent chance of winning against the 2-win Eagles. College Football HQ Pick: NC State wins, 31-13
Forecast for South Carolina in Florida: The Up and Down Gators have a 70.8 percent chance of winning over the Gamecocks, who have four of the last five overall winners. College Football HQ pick: Florida wins, 33-24
Georgia at Mississippi State Forecast: After a clear win over the Vols, the defending champions have an 84.2 percent chance of silencing the cowbells and moving closer to the SEC title game. College Football HQ Pick: Georgia wins, 37-16
Washington at Oregon Forecast: It’s tough to beat Oregon right now, especially at home, as the Ducks have a 77.5 percent chance of defeating rival UW, who has a 22.5 percent chance of an upset. College Football HQ pick: Oregon wins, 41-28
Kansas State at Baylor Prediction: Suddenly, K-State has lost two of their last three, while Baylor has won three straight and has a 61.2 percent chance of winning this week, while the Wildcats come with a 38.8 percent chance. College Football HQ pick: Baylor wins, 27-24
TCU at Texas Prediction: TCU must avoid another slow start as the computers favor the Longhorns by a 73.0 percent lead, as do the books by a touchdown. College Football HQ Pick: Texas wins, 34-27
North Carolina at Wake Forest Forecast: Wake dropped the last two but should find alleys against the secondary Tar Heel as the Deacons have a 54.2 percent chance of winning compared to UNC’s 45.8 percent shot. College Football HQ pick: North Carolina wins, 39-34
Texas A&M Prediction at Auburn: A flu outbreak and an anemic offense shake the Aggies as FPI favors Auburn by a 51.8 percent lead. College Football HQ Pick: Auburn wins, 25-23
Florida State at Syracuse Forecast: Good for over 40 points in their last two games, both wins, the Seminoles have a 55.7 percent shot to give the Oranges their fourth straight loss after that 6-0 start. College Football HQ pick: Florida State wins, 29-20
Prediction from Stanford in Utah: No drama for the Utes, who have a whopping 94.1 percent chance of defeating the Cardinal, who is 1-6 in Pac-12 games this year. College Football HQ Pick: Utah wins, 37-15
Prediction for Arizona at UCLA: Both teams have decent speed on the fringes, but the Bruins have more and an 88.4 percent chance of winning and going 9-1 as the Pac-12 heats up. College Football HQ Pick: UCLA wins, 42-26
More College Football from SI: Top 25 Rankings | Schedule | Alabama | Georgia | LSU | State of Ohio | Michigan | Notre Dame | Tennessee | USC | Klemson | Oklahoma | Texas | All teams
Follow College Football HQ: Bookmarks | Ranking | Facebook