College football’s biggest games and rivalries continue on Saturday over Thanksgiving weekend. The Biggest Rivalry Weekend of the 2022 college football season will feature a series of games with conference title implications and college football playoff implications. None is bigger than “The Game” in Columbus between Michigan No. 2 and Ohio State No. 3.
Both the Wolverines and Buckeyes are 11-0 and the winner is crowned the Big Ten East Champion and advances to next weekend’s Big Ten Championship Game while earning a spot in the last four CFB Playoffs.
types of bets and how to read the odds
Betting information, provided by the leading online sportsbooks, shows the four biggest bets on college football games this weekend: (Odds courtesy of BetMGM and are subject to change)
- No. 3 Michigan to No. 2 Ohio State (-7.5) | 12 p.m. ET | FOX
- No. 9 Oregon (-3) at No. 21 Oregon State | 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC
- No. 15 Notre Dame at No. 6 USC (-4.5) | 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC
- Auburn ranked 7th Alabama (-22) | 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS
While these NCAA football games are the most popular and most bet games to watch and bet on Saturday, none of them are worth bigger bets in my opinion. However, I plead arguments and provide opinions for Michigan, Oregon, USC, and Alabama in the links above.
Jason Scott, Vice President of Trading for BetMGM from Las Vegas, sent me some messages on the four biggest betting games of the day.
“The Michigan-Ohio State game currently has five times (5x) more cashes than any other college football game,” Scott said.
The Wolverines are a very popular bet and a drain on BetMGM and other leading online US sportsbooks. Part of that is due to legal sports betting in Michigan, but not yet in Ohio.
“Michigan is a significant loser for us, mostly because sports betting is legal in Michigan, where we have a good deal, and isn’t in Ohio until January 2023,” Scott noted.
“But given the importance of the later game in the West between two blue-chip schools, the Notre Dame-USC game will be the second-highest handle and could end up pretty close to Ohio-State-Michigan,” Scott added.
Heading into Saturday, the Pac-12 rivalry formerly known as “The Civil War” is next in betting, followed by the SEC rivalry game “Iron Bowl” between Alabama and Auburn.
The underdogs are winning and delivering the pup chow to their betting supporters over the Thanksgiving Rivalry weekend so far. Additional big games in conference play make this a huge betting weekend.
- Mississippi State (+3) beat Ole Miss 24-22
- Nebraska (+10.5) beat Iowa 24:17
- Cal (+11) loses to UCLA, 35-28
- NC State (+6.5) beat North Carolina 30-27 in overtime
- Arizona State (+3.5) loses to Arizona, 38-35
- No. 19 Tulane (+1.5) beat No. 24 Cincinnati, 27-24
As you check Saturday No. 26 college football odds and prepare to watch and bet on the biggest games and top 25 action, stick to responsible gaming for a more enjoyable entertainment experience .
The 25 best games
College football standings and betting lines for games played on Saturday November 26th
- No. 1 Georgia (-36) v Georgia Tech | 12 p.m. | ESPN
- No. 2 Ohio State (-7.5) vs. No. 3 Michigan | 12 p.m. | FOX
- No. 4 TCU (-10) v Iowa State | 4 p.m. | FOX
- No. 5 LSU (-10) at Texas A&M | 7 p.m. | ESPN
- No. 6 USC (-4.5) vs. No. 15 Notre Dame | 7:30 p.m. | ABC
- No. 7 Alabama (-22) vs. Auburn | 3:30 p.m. | CBS
- No. 8 Clemson (-14) v South Carolina | 12 p.m. | ABC
- No. 9 Oregon (-3) at No. 21 Oregon State | 3:30 p.m. | ABC
- No. 10 Tennessee (-14) at Vanderbilt | 7:30 p.m. | SEC network
- No. 11 Penn State (-19) v Michigan State | 4 p.m. | FS1
- No. 12 Kansas State (-12) vs. Kansas | 8 p.m. | FOX
- #13 Washington (-1.5) in Washington State | 10:30 p.m. | ESPN
- No. 14 Utah (-30) in Colorado | 4 p.m. | Pac-12 network
- No. 22 UCF(-20) in South Florida | 7 p.m. | ESPN2
- No. 25 Louisville in Kentucky (-3) | 3 p.m. | SEC network
Michigan has a shot at defeating the big, bad Buckeyes in another big college football game on Saturday. And with the growing popularity of in-play betting and the increased volume of in-game action, you can count on the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry game to be one of the biggest sweepstakes games of the 2022 college football season.
You can bet on it.