Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

The next few months are going to be an exercise in simplicity and restraint. Simplicity because I don’t have time to make elaborate — even borderline complicated or time-consuming — meals. Restraint because creating new dishes and spending time in the kitchen is my passion.

I had heard that studying for the bar exam would be like a full-time job. Somehow I thought I would be able to post as often as I’ve been posting — even cook almost as often — on the side. I’m beginning to think I was wrong. So, I’m going to try to show a bit of restraint in the coming months. I’m really trying to make this my first and last bar exam. Therefore, for the next few months, less recipe-creating and more quick, easy and healthy┬árecipes to get me through the summer. This is one of those recipes.

This two-ingredient frozen yogurt recipe is vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free. It’s a wonderful, healthy and filling summer dessert, with probiotics, fiber, protein and Omega-3s. At first I was a bit hesitant to post a recipe for yogurt that calls for two things: 1) yogurt and 2) sweetener. Can we say duh? But then again, some of my favorite “recipes” are not recipes at all but rather ideas I never thought of: the idea of strawberries stuffed with peanut butter that I found on this site, or Mario Batali’s “asparagus a la plancha,” which is really just asparagus rubbed in olive oil, cooked over a skillet and lightly salted. Next time you’re craving something slightly sweet and healthy, try this quick and simple yogurt topped with fresh, summer berries.

Frozen Yogurt:

1 24-oz. container unsweetened, plain Wildwood Probiotic Soyogurt

1 teaspoon vanilla-flavored liquid stevia

1. In a large bowl, stir together yogurt and stevia until incorporated.

2. Turn yogurt mixture out into ice cream machine and turn on machine.

Comments

Hmm…I have never tried this particular soy yogurt, but the one soy yogurt I did try I really disliked. I love So Delicious coconut yogurt, but it has sugar in it. (boo) I wonder if there’s a way for me to add cultures to coconut milk? anyway…I agree, I love those recipes that aren’t recipes – I need to be like you and post more of them on my blog!

Maybe this is finally a way I’ll enjoy soy yogurt! Best of luck on the bar exam–I’m sure you’ll ace it! :)

Rhubarb and now yogurt … we are on the same wave-length. I am putting finishing touches on a non-dairy yogurt recipe that I am anxious for my blogger friends (who are really into yogurt) to try. Will you be one of them ;) ?

This recipe looks so tasty. Can’t wait to try it!
    Question for you;
    I dont have an ice cream maker…Any ideas to make it creamy without an ice cream maker?

BYW – LOVE YOUR RECIPES! Just found your sight and i am so impressed. I am a holistic nutritionist and i work with many clients who have food intollerances, i will be sure to refer them to your website for some tasty ideas ;o) Thanks for sharing!

Jamie — Wow. Thank you so much!!! Holistic nutritionist? How cool!! Feel free to check in regularly with your two cents — I’m always soliciting nutrition advice!!: ) Very honored you’ve passed my site along.

Hmmm. One way to make ice cream creamier without a machine is to freeze it directly and take it out to blend (in a blender/food processor) every half hour to hour. That will help reduce some of the inevitable ice crystals. It’s not perfect but it works in a pinch.

Ricki and Alta — I have not been much of a fan of soy yogurt in the past, either. But either it’s grown on me or it’s just better frozen like this. Either way, it’s worth a try!! And Alta — I love So Delicious!! They have some amazing stuff. Ricki — thanks!! : )

Lexie — Same wavelength, indeed! Your site is looking amazing these days, girl!!

You really made me crave Vanilla Frozen Yoghurt, and I had some unsweetened Wildwood in my fridge :) Have made a batch but added some Coconut milk to bulk it up – will let you know how it turns out! By the way, do you have ‘The Ice Dream Cookbook’? I think you would like it, she mostly uses Stevia & Coconut base for her Ice Creams…That’s also where I got the idea to add Agar Agar, which works wonderfully, by the way! x

Trackbacks